Posts tagged 1980′s
As a product of the eighties, I’ve come to LOVE the ridiculousness of that decade (aside from that ’867-5309/Jenny’ song that came out, which still haunts me to this day). If you weren’t around in the 1980′s (or if you were, but you were still waddling around in diapers) you missed out on a “totally rad” time, which is why I’ve decided to have an 80′s-themed birthday bash tomorrow night in Atlantic City, and more importantly, why I’m so excited to share my love of the eighties with YOU, here on my bloggity-blog!
Not only will tomorrow night’s par-tay have strickly retro tunes (Bon Jovi and Madonna, anyone?), but I’ll also be decked out in a neon frock, complete with leg warmers, lace gloves and a side ponytail…oh, and Funky Cold Medina drinks will be served (obvi)! In case you missed the fabulosity of those 10 years, here are some of my fave highlights:
- The Clapper (Not to be mistaken with ‘The Clap.’ K, thanks)
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (Skipping school + singing on a parade float= awesome)
- Flourescent Scrunchies (Molly Ringwald would be proud)
- Jelly Shoes (I had one in every color…duh)
- The Dukes of Hazzard (I was convinced Bo Duke would be the father of my babies)
- Cyndi Lauper (Because girls DO just wanna have fun)
Anyway, I’m SUPER excited for tomorrow night’s neon madness, and I wish you all could come celebrate with me! I’ll be back before ya know it, though, so try not to miss me too much! Just for fun, drop me a line and tell me your favorite 80′s fad!
I’m out like a pair of MC Hammer parachute pants. Check ya later, kids!